[Mediawiki-i18n] Translating extensionsI'vewritten...forthcoming changes

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 00:58:09 UTC 2006

Rob Church schreef:
> On 06/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It has nothing to do with Rob, it has nothing to do with Nikerabbit, it
>> is simply not good enough.

Hoi,
Well actually, I asked if the messages that you need translating would
be available in Betawiki. What I got from you was not pleasant.

I think translators deserve as much respect as developers do. When you
think of this as "hijacking a threat", sorry it was applicable to what
you announced; a whole set of applications that need translation. Not
doing this in an efficient way is both inefficient and it will lead to
poor results. It is a waste of time and the results will be as a result
of a poor environment for translators. There is a good environment, it
just needs to be used.

Translators are willing to translate when the effort is maximised so
that the cost will be as little as possible. This is not bickering, this
is making sure that we get the best job done possible.

Thanks,
   GerardM